Many of our international clients are interested in obtaining non-immigrant visa or permanent residency through their investment in the real estate market of the United States. Answers to some of the frequently asked questions relating to immigration options are as follows:

I am a Chinese citizen, how do I visit my property in California?

Answer: if you are not a permanent resident (also known as “green card” holder) or a citizen of the U.S., you need to have a visa to enter into the U.S. Typically, a visitor may apply for a tourist visa (B1/B2) to visit the U.S. for a temporary period. Other types of visas which may allow you to stay in the U.S. for a temporary period include F student visa, H work visa, L visa, international company manager visa, etc. If you are interested in staying in the U.S. permanently, you should consider applying for permanent residency. For your immigration options, please visit our law firm’s web site: to consult one of our immigration attorneys.

I am not living in California now, can I rent my house out?

Answer: Yes. If you live or work outside of California (within the U.S. or overseas), you can entrust your property to a reputable real property management company. A real property company can rent your property to renters who meet your criteria, collect rent to remit rents to an account designated by you, maintain the property (including cleaning and repairs), pay utilities, fees, insurance and taxes, and negotiate and renew rental agreements etc.

U.S.-China Real Estate offers full services to our real estate clients, including property management.

How do I immigrate to California, U.S.?

Answer: Even though you don’t have to be a California resident or a U.S. citizen to own real properties in California, many people are interested in becoming a permanent resident of the U.S. through their real property investment in the U.S. Investors who are interested in obtaining permanent resident status (“green card”) in the U.S. through their real estate investment should consult with our immigration attorney. For more information regarding immigration opportunities, please visit our law firm’s web site:

How can my family live in California?

Answer: If your overseas family members would like to visit your property in California, they would need to obtain proper visas to enter into the U.S. Investors who obtained permanent residency through their investment in real estate may bring their qualifying family members to live and work permanently in the U.S. For details of immigration options for your family members, please visit our law firm’s web site at: or call our immigration attorney at: +(877) 525-9518.

425 Divisadero Street, #209, San Francisco, CA 94117 T (415) 990-8101 F (415) 480-8555
Copyright © 2009 U.S.-China Real Estate All rights reserved.